Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Little This and That...

Today, I'm starting off with a This and That pattern called Nifty Notes. It truly is nifty in that you can put together some of your fabric scraps and make a great little note keeper. The second picture shows the inside where you can insert a paper tablet on the right side and a writing instrument on the left. I think the left side would be great for a gift card too. I'll have to remember these for teacher gifts next year. Also, my daughter and her friends are getting to the age when it's hard to shop for their birthdays so gift cards are becoming more prevalent. The ones pictured are for my daughters but I have some fabric in mind for me for my knitting bag. I like to write down and cross out rows and such while knitting so this would be just right! I think I'll make one for my sewing projects too as you never know when an idea will surface. 

Finished size is 3-3/4x6

I have lots of different collections of fabric including a civil war one. I got a crazy urge to cut some up and make a table topper for my coffee table. This is what I came up with - a brick wall quilt. Just something I did over a weekend for fun. I wasn't too excited about it at first but it's growing on me.

On the table topper I have this book I found recently at a secondhand book store - In Celebration of Quilting 20 Years of My Best by Lynette Jensen. There are some really great, traditional quilts in this book that I have put on my to-do list, including the holiday wreath below.


A little knitting too... this was made with one of those crazy zauberballs using a pattern on ravelry called Citron. One thing I learned the hard way is that you should never start a zauberball in the middle of the ball unless you want a tangled mess! Always start these on the outside. Overall, this is an easy project that you can travel with or knit in front of your favorite tv show.


Remember the lined drawstring bags I've been making from the free tutorial over at In Color Order? Well, I'm making more because they are so fun and addicting. I had these paper pieced tumbler blocks that I made last summer still on my sewing table. I've been saving them for something special or in other words, I just didn't know what to do with them... until I started making the drawstring bags. These will be great for the girls for summer at the pool! There's enough room for some spending money, their pool passes, googles, and a snack. Now I just need to finish Sarah's!

Happy sewing and knitting!

Julie B.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I really (really) love that table topper! And what a great idea for the drawstring bags. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Your fabric selection for the Nifty Notes is gorgeous!!! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from WIP wednesday. you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid,i think this is one of the best approach.The contrast you create in a simple fabric are looking so nice.i appreciated you.You know,We are providing a huge deal in UK on very cheap and range able prices.In which all lines products and every types of towels, you need to usage in daily life e.g: Hand towels, bath towels, tea towels, Beauty Salon Towels bathrobes, bed sheets and every thing related linens.Thanks for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...