Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy February!

Valentine's Day has come and gone and I have yet to share the little sewing gifts I made this year. Shame on me because I was very pleased with them and I should share! I made a couple mug rugs for the girls' teachers using Moda's Kissing Booth fabric line - so sweet - and a few of my own pinks from my fabric stash!

Do you liked the little pocket in the corner? Great for tea bags and gift cards.

For the kids, I made fabric journal covers. These covers fit the black composition notebooks. I constructed them similar to a quilt adding binding as the last step. 
 Andrew has the music one, Emma the dog, and Sarah the hearts.


Emma made lovely flannel pajamas for her American Girl doll. The pattern is by Avery Lane on etsy. 
Love the bloomers underneath. They came with another outfit.

Recently, I knit some fingerless mitts and a hat for Sarah. She likes pink and grey these days so I found this Encore Colorspun yarn. The mitts pattern is a free pattern on ravelry by Amanda Gill and the hat is an Ann Norling pattern called Spiral Rib Hat #54. 

I've been knitting a lot more lately, probably because it's cold here, and I've been helping out at the yarn store in our downtown area called Gentler Times. The owner has two stores now so I help out part-time  wherever needed. Right now, I am working on an 18" doll dress using a fingering weight yarn by Lorna's Laces. 

Happy sewing and knitting!



5 comments:

  1. Your daughter did a very nice job on her sewing project.

    The mug rugs are a wonderful teacher's gift project. I especially like that it can be beefed up where appropriate, or just given on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew amazed at your talent! and your daughter's! I love your mug rugs! Such thoughtful gifts for teachers and the composition book covers are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic projects, Julie. And your little girl is so talented to make these lovely pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little pocket for the tea bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone will find that cheap bed sheets would be great for this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...