Friday, November 2, 2012

Three Projects...

I have been working on luggage tags for the upcoming holiday season! They are great to have on hand as gifts for friends, teachers and co-workers. They are meant to hold business cards but I slide gift cards into them for an extra special gift. The awesome tutorial is by Studio Cherie over at etsy.


Sorry, I didn't add the ribbon yet! I use a 1/2" grosgrain ribbon in a matching color with a 1/4" satin ribbon. For masculine ones (none pictured but I made one for my son's french horn case with black music fabric), I use twine. The grommets are large size from Joann Fabrics and really easy to do with the kit.

I have received requests over the past year about a tutorial for my "mouse in hammock" ornaments here. I am busy working on one in hopes of having something out by the end of the month. 
If you've ever tried writing a tutorial, you realize how much work goes into it that never shows up in the finished piece. So much time... and a few headaches... Right now I need to figure out how to get the pattern pieces onto my document. Regardless, I can't wait to present the "Mouse in Hammock" tutorial. Please check back for information. At this point, I am thinking of listing the ornament in my esty shop. 

The cold weather brings out my knitting projects. The idea of sitting in front of a fire drinking hot coco, knitting, and watching my favorite show sounds so nice and so grandma-ish! What can I say? I'm an old spirit stuck in a young-ish body. This pattern is called Easy Lace Pattern from the book "Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders." At first, the pattern, with all its yarn overs, was driving me crazy! I kept adding a stitch every few rows and it's not easy to fix mistakes on this one. Ripping out rows and crying...  A friend advised me to mark my rows. So, I put markers after each 12 stitch pattern and voila! I love the pattern now! Isn't it funny how a simple solution can make a world of difference? I was ready to throw in the towel and never attempt anything again that had the word "lace" in it. Not anymore!
I found this Malabrigo yarn at the store I work at part time. Aren't the colors great! 

I am linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Happy sewing and knitting! 




3 comments:

  1. LOVE that yarn so much! Glad you worked it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute luggage tags! And I can sure see why folks have been asking about the mouse in hammock. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...