Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Doll, Baby and Washcloths

This week, I am working on a few small to medium-sized projects. This first one is of a doll dress that was made using one of my favorite McCall patterns. This dress is for my daughters' friend's birthday. The friend was recently given an American Girl Doll so of course, I had to make her a dress!
The floral fabric is from a vintage bed sheet I received from a vintage bed sheet fabric swap. I need to make a matching headband with the leftover scraps.

My next project is a WIP that I will be linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday. I am very excited to have the chance to work part-time at a fabric and yarn store down the street from me. My final "test" is to make this darling baby bunting called Hushabye Baby designed by Favorite Little Things. I was given the pattern and supplies, then sent home to play around. I was a bit nervous about the teeny-tiny trim as I have not had much, if any, experience with this kind of trim.  I used my zipper foot and it turned out fine. The same goes with the zipper - not much experience! I hope that goes as well as the trim!
Love the fabric given to me! The colors are great! If all goes well, I might make a couple more for friends having babies.

Lastly, I have been knitting here and there when the mood strikes. I found some organic cotton by Lion Brand called Nature's Choice that is so super soft. I bought it in three colors - pink, blue, and green - and have been making washcloths for the kids. Knitting with cotton yarn can be difficult because there is very little stretch but this cotton yarn is a delight to work with!
I found the pattern on Ravelry called Garter Dishcloth with Pointy Corners by Marlene Wood.

I hope you enjoyed viewing these projects. I love the blogging community for its ideas, inspiration, and community. Everyone has been so kind and encouraging.

Happy sewing...and knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Cute doll dress. Love that fabric on the baby bunting. One day I'll learn to knit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...