Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday

This Wednesday, I am busy working on a 100% cotton flannel bed sheet found on a recent Savers trip. The bed sheet is in great condition and so super soft and cuddly.  I instantly thought pajamas! It is so hard to find pajamas these days that are not 100% polyester.  It's really frustrating. Polyester is a synthetic material that is not porous and anything but natural.  I'd rather have my kids sleeping comfortably in breathable cotton that won't give them night sweats. Also, I just feel better that they are breathing in natural material all night, every night - even though there is no scientific evidence of polyester being harmful to your health. Or is there? I'll get off my soapbox now... This afternoon I have been cutting and sewing into a frenzy getting these pajamas ready for my daughter.  Of course, I have to make matching pajamas for her American Girl doll too!  I am using an Avery Lane pattern for the doll pajamas. You can find the pattern on etsy here.  I'm altering and playing around with a McCall's pattern for my daughter's pajamas.


I hope these pajamas bring many restful nights counting sheep.

This week I brought up some of my spring decorations to brighten up the house and get into the spring spirit. It's so much fun unpacking things forgotten about over the cold, winter months. It's like opening presents. One of my delightful surprises was some fabric eggs I made a couple years ago. I had so much fun making them that I wanted to share them with you. The tutorial is by Retro Mama.  She has a lovely website - check it out! I am dying to make some more eggs in different colors (no pun intended) when I get a chance. 

Lastly, I want to share this darling fabric I listed on my etsy shop. It is a Sunbonnet Sue fabric that is waiting to be turned into something wonderful and adorable for someone special.
Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Ha, my daughter has those flannel lamb sheets passed down from my mother in law. How funny. :)

    I love those eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful use for your sheets. I sell thrifted sheets on Etsy and I love to see the many ways they are put to use. Your eggs are cute. I don't decorate for Easter, but if I did, I would make some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a pair of pillowcase in that flannel. They are well worn after 27 years of marraige and thee kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the pillow cases. I have two sets one from when I was a young child, but now two of them are torn from the years of love. My two new ones I bought off eBay, and I'm sill watching for more. I will be so sad when I can't have them anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...