Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Granny Squares and Vintage Bed Sheets

This week for WIP Wednesday, I have been sewing more granny square quilt blocks. I am seriously addicted to this charming block. I'm making several blocks using 30s reproduction fabric for what will turn into a wall quilt for my youngest daughter's new bedroom. This summer, the girls who are currently sharing a room will get their own bedrooms. Painting, redecorating, new bed quilts and wall quilts will be our big summer projects. Here are a couple more blocks:


When this wall quilt is done, I'm starting another one for my other daughter using modern fabric lines. It's so fun to be able to use different colors for each daughter. I get to buy more fabric and they get their own bedrooms that reflect their individual creativity and style.

I had such a great thrift find this week! I found this great twin size flat sheet and fitted sheet! Love it so much I'm keeping them for my youngest daughter's room. The colors are so great for her!


I had a little bit of stardom this week when our local paper, The Naperville Sun, did an article about me and my blog. I was really beside myself considering I've only been doing this blog since last October. I was all the way on page 37 but apparently people read the paper front to back because I've had many friends and locals contact me about the article. It's been a lot of fun!

I'll finish this post with a new etsy listing. Love this one too but I can't keep everything. I'm sure one of you can do something fabulous with this - reuse and repurpose!


Happy sewing!


5 comments:

  1. Your blocks are great, but those sheets are wonderful too. I'm just curious to know if they are old enough that they are blends or if they are 100% cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute granny square blocks! I've had the tutorial for these blocks bookmarked for a while now and hope to get on the bandwagon sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your granny square blocks
    and what an honor to be mentioned in
    you local paper!! Congratulations. :o)
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your granny squares. I have so many projects on the go, but when things settle down this is one I'd like to attack. The 30s prints look fab so I think I'll go with them.

    Congratulations on your mention in the article! That's pretty cool.

    All the best,
    Shontelle from Australia (englandstreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to be featured in the paper! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...