Friday, April 27, 2012

Finish it Friday Vintage Fun Day

I have a couple fun projects to show for Finish it Friday. The first one is another Three Bears Sleeping Bag using vintage bed sheets. When I started making these sleeping bags I knew I had to make some with my vintage bed sheet collection.  After all, it's a sleeping bag! This is for a friend's daughter celebrating her 10th birthday.

I added the blankie last minute. The color of this vintage 
bed sheet scrap complements Teddy's eyes :)

I used this tutorial  for the sleeping bag. 

Good Night!

For the next project, I have always wanted to try a Japanese Knot Bag.  I followed this tutorial but changed the size a bit. I wanted mine a little smaller to hold knitting projects. I always like to have one with me in case I have a few minutes to knit.  I usually carry a large handbag wherein my yarn and needles get lost in the mess of keys, receipts, wallet, pens, etc. This seemed like a good solution so I found a vintage bed sheet from my fat quarter fabric swap collection and started sewing my first Japanese Knot Bag.


Other side of bag. 
This is the same bed sheet I used to make Teddy's blankie :)

Lastly, since I'm in a yellow, vintage mood today, "show and tell" is a vintage Pyrex bowl set called Shenandoah. It is a Pyrex bake, serve, store set from 1982. The pattern, Shenandoah, is a butter yellow color with green sweet pea type flowers and vines, one of the last American-made patterns. The set contained 3 bowls and 3 lids that can be stacked on top of one another. Pictured are the 2 smaller bowls. Maybe I will find the last bowl someday and complete the set. It is a darling pattern.



Happy sewing!

Note on April 30th: today I found the same exact vintage bed sheet used in my Japanese Knot Bag! Now I have a whole double sized sheet of that lovely fabric :)  I will be listing it on my etsy shop this weekend, if you are interested, as fat quarters and custom orders. 



6 comments:

  1. I love the yellow fabric of your knitting bag lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. Such a cute little sleeping bag! If my daughter saw that, I'd be making tiny sleeping bags for about 200 stuffies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute. All your yellow fabrics are so happy!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. both of your finishes are so darn cute!!! i need to make a knitting bag because i have the same keys, wallet, yarn and whatever else is in my bag tangle. it's not fun! that little sleeping bag is adorable! i should make my soon to be six year old daughter one. she would LOVE it!

    thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No lie, I have that bowl set given to me by my mother in law!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, Your blog looks great! Thanks for sharing on the Vintage Sheet Blog Weekend Link Up Party.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...