Friday, March 9, 2012

Hedgies, Quiche, and Thyme

For Finish it Friday, I finished the hedgie sleeping bag for my daughter. I am so pleased with how it turned out. I hope she loves the little hedgie inside too! To go along with both, I bought the book Hedgie's Surprise by Jan Brett.


I had so much fun making this one that I made another for one of her favorite stuffed animal - Curious George (and George's stuffed animal).
 I can see many more of these to come...birthday presents, get well presents...

Here is my favorite recipe handed down to me from my Grandmother - Spinach Quiche. It is so easy and so yummy. I love to make it for dinner and have leftovers for lunch the next day.



Easy Spinach Quiche
by Grandmother

Cook and drain one 10 ounce package frozen spinach.

Combine: 8 ounces diced swiss cheese and 2 tbsp flour

Combine: 1 cup milk, 3 beaten eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, dash nutmeg

Mix everything together and pour into frozen pie shell. Bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Cool slightly and enjoy!


I needed some thyme for a different recipe and decided to go hunt around my back garden. Sure enough, after a little digging, I found some green stuff. Nice fresh thyme. It's great not having to pay for overpriced herbs at the grocery store that don't have much flavor.



Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, I know the kids must love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Jan Bret at our house too! Love the sleeping bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love the sleeping bags! Did you design the appliques on them? They are so cute! I know some people in this house that would love to have some of those. Will you do a tutorial? Thanks for sharing. K-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that quiche looks SO good! And the little sleeping bags are adorable! They really would make great little gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...