Friday, February 10, 2012

Mug Rugs for Valentines Day

For Valentines Day last year, I made mug rugs! It was the same year I discovered mug rugs too. If you've never made one try it. But beware: they are addicting! I love being able to use scraps from my insurmountable scrap pile. Also, I love being able to start and finish a project in one day. Actually, you can make several in one day! Yeah! Here is a picture of what I made for my children's teachers...

I loosely roll up each one and put it in a red or pink mug with lots of heart candy and a hot cocoa mix or fancy tea bags.  Also, I pin a little tag to the mug rug that says "mug rug." I think for someone who has never seen or heard about these, there might be some confusion on what it actually is! So, do you see how fun these can be? Think of all those blocks you want to try or quilting designs you want to play around with. This is the perfect project to experiment and have fun.
 Here is my latest vintage bed sheet find! I love the pinks and greens! I have this same one in the blue colorway but I prefer pinks and greens - my two favorite colors.

Happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that vintage sheet!! I'm a mug rug addict too! I also have family in Naperville! Love your downtown area!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently fell in love with mug rugs and everyone that visits me gets one! Great idea for teachers gifts! I love you vintage sheet too.
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...