Thursday, January 19, 2012

Favorites, Sewing, and Pyrex

I finally figured out how to make one of these super cool mosaics.  Bighugelabs.com makes it so easy to turn your flickr favorites into a wonderful mosaic of projects with links to tutorials and blogs. Here is my first one...enjoy!
1. Dream On - Finished, 2. Organizer for Mom, 3. I Spy A Square finished quilt, 4. Untitled, 5. Hagrid's Hut, 6. Fireplace with Christmas-stockings, 7. WhiMSy love 2008 Holiday Ornament, 8. matryoshka christmas ornaments! :), 9. little house

A dear friend of mine is turning 40 this month.  I wanted to make her something special because she is so sweet and kind and very patient with my knitting.  I would not be knitting if she wasn't around to help!  She's been wanting to make a knitting needle case so I went ahead and made one for her...and while I was at it, I made a crochet needle case too. Did I mention that she crochets beautifully too! The top picture is the crochet needle case, the second picture is the knitting needle case, and the last picture is both cases rolled up.


Now, I think I'll make one for myself as I'm collecting quite a few knitting needles!

Last week, I found this lovely Pyrex cinderella bowl. The pattern is Shenandoah which came out in the 80s. It is one of the last American made patterns by Pyrex. This is a butter yellow color with green sweet pea type flowers and vines. Originally, this was sold in a set of 4 nesting bowls. This one is the smallest size. I have it next to my kitchen sink to remind of spring...which in January is hard to remember.
Happy sewing and Pyrex hunting!

6 comments:

  1. Cute needle roll - I LOVE that Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas. There's always something new to learn and improve on in this mad internet world. Uptiming is surely something to keep an eye on. bed sheets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree! I need to spend more time creating and less time reading blogs...but its so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. i really appreciate it that you shared with us such a informative post.. Motor Graders For Sale

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...