Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas

All I have left to do is sew on a few snaps to the back of doll dresses and I will be officially done with Christmas gifts.  Today I finished the binding to the second quilt for my daughters.  

They are folded and ready to be gift wrapped.  I have more pictures of them on my flickr account here. They are both coin quilts to go along the end of their beds. I can't wait for Christmas!
Here is another mouse in hammock ornament, my last one for the year. He is sleeping cozily in his hammock waiting for St. Nick. On this guy, I added a piece of fabric around his neck to look like a shirt collar but also hides the stitching around the neck.  With the mouse ornaments, I gave a book called Mortimer's Christmas Manger.  It is darling story about a mouse looking for a home.
Here is another gift that I will make again for next year. These are rice therapy pillow packs that are so warm and soothing for long, winter days. There is a cute poem that goes along with the pillow packs. I made several this year for teachers using pretty 100% cotton flannel fabric.

If I had more time, I would have attempted these projects but instead I will save them for next year(click on the title to view the tutorials):

Mini Book Christmas Ornaments
Voile Scarf Tutorial
Christmas Tree Hot Pads
Gathered Clutch Tutorial

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...