Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday

The Christmas rush is starting to creep up on me.  I have presents that need be shipped out to relatives in various states so the need to complete sewing projects starts a little early for me.  I make Christmas ornaments for the nieces and nephews.  This year, I am trying an ornament that my aunt made for the family when I was little.  It has been one of my favorites.  It is a mouse sleeping in a hammock. It's so darling to look at hanging from the tree.  Here is a picture of the mouse ornament my aunt made many years ago...
Isn't he so cute?  Now I am trying to make some. This is my WIP...
I can't wait to complete these little guys.  It has been fun selecting fabric for the blankets, pillows, and little night caps.  I will post my completed ones soon, hopefully.  I'm envisioning some vintage bed linens for my little guys too.  Vintage bed linens don't usually come in holiday colors, but who cares! Vintage can get away with it!  Also, I'm working on a coin quilt for one of my daughters.  
I love being able to add different prints and patterns for her to look at and enjoy.  One more row and I can start putting the top together.  It is one of those quilts that goes on the end of the bed for some extra color and comfort.  It's a little smaller size than a twin size so I can quilt it myself. 
Lastly, some apple bread from an Apples for Jam recipe baked in my Meadow Green Fire King Dish.  Yummy!  Happy sewing and baking!

3 comments:

  1. Oh those mice are so cute! What a great ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am having a lot of fun with them. Just wish I had more time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute post! Love the colors. I saw this at WIP. Thanks for sharing. On another note, I have been looking for this blogger template and haven't been able to find the actual download. My friend has a recipe blog and wanted this template. Do you know where I can download it or maybe you can copy/paste the xml file to me??

    @pril
    KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...