Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Doll Nightgown with Vintage Bed Sheet

This doll nightgown is made with a cotton flannel bed sheet and eyelet lace.  I had fun putting this together and plan to make a bonnet to go with the nightgown.  Also, I have enough fabric from the bed sheet to make my daughter a matching nightgown.  Cotton flannel bed sheets are so great for pajamas and sewing projects that require lots of fabric.


I am in the middle of organizing my sewing room.  Here is a picture of one wall that is finally put together nicely.  The rest of the room is a disaster!  My plan is to keep it neat but we'll see how long that lasts, especially with the holidays coming up...  I folded my fabric into nice, neat stacks using this fabric folding tutorial from In Color Order blog.


This last picture is of an apron I made using a pattern from the book, Girl's World.  The main fabric is a vintage bed sheet.  If you don't like greens on the yellow side, you are going to find this awful.  But, I love the colors so it appeals to me.  The only thing is that I'd hate to get this messy!

6 comments:

  1. Hi There, I've come over from Vintage Sheet blog to discover you. I too work with a lot of vintage fabric, It's addictive isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... I looooooove that apron! It's absolutely gorgeous! I wouldn't want to get it dirty either but at the same time, i'd want to wear it daily!
    New followers here sent from vintage sheet blog :) I can't wait to start reading all about you and the things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes,it's very addictive! If only I had more hours in the day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, how I wish my shelves were that neat and pretty.~

    Lucy~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable nightgown! I bet the little girl would just LOVE to play dressup in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great apron! So glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...