Friday, October 28, 2011

Doll Dress with Vintage Bed Sheet

This is one of my favorite doll dresses to make for my daughters' American Girl dolls.  It is a McCalls pattern #6005.  I have made many dresses using this pattern but the one I am showing is made with a vintage bed sheet.  Doesn't she look ready for a tea party or birthday party?  I added my own touches with a little rick rack and a headband.  


My youngest daughter's doll is modeling the dress but I made it for her friend's doll.  I didn't tell the mom that it is a repurposed bed sheet.  Maybe I should get little tags that say "repurposed with vintage bed sheets."  Anyone know a great place to get custom tags?  Probably etsy!

2 comments:

  1. I love to see what you're making with vintage sheets! I have well over 100 of them, and I love to get new ideas for using them.

    Regarding the tags, you can certainly make your own using cotton twill tape and iron-on transfer paper. Here's the tutorial I use: http://gabrielsgoodtidings.blogspot.com/2010/12/fabric-labels-how-to-make-them-for.html

    I'm going to follow your blog so I don't miss anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will definitely look up the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...